Our colocation includes data center rack space, UPS and generator-backed power, cooling, and bandwidth. All plans also come with a public IPv4 address, remote-controllable power (for reboots), and an additional port for IMPI or KVM/IP upon request.
Your network connection is raw, pure and unfiltered; accordingly, you should secure your system with either software-based tools, and/or by means of an external hardware firewall (see "Add-Ons" section below).
You can request as many IP addresses as you need. In small numbers, these are $1.50/ea, but please contact us for quantity pricing.
If you are interested in any service configuration or add-on that is not available via an order link, please email us at email@example.com and we will get a quote back to you quickly--often within a few hours.
Mini PC orders can be placed through the order links on the Mini Colo page. For custom configurations, or for all other colocation orders, please email your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then send an invoice via Paypal or 2Checkout. Some smaller services require prepayment of 3 to 12 months. To avoid the necessity of paying an invoice every month, we can set up your service as a subscription (automatically recurring payments).
Once your request for service is received, we will quickly issue your IP address(es) so that you can pre-configure your machine before shippinig it to us. We will also include the address of where to ship your device.
You can have equipment shipped directly to us from anywhere. Just specify which OS you would like installed and any other requirements, such as RAID and IPMI, and we will configure everything for you once it arrives. We will set a temporary root password and enable SSH, then turn full control over to you.
For all standard rackmount equipment (1U or greater), please be sure to send us rack mounting rails. If you need to order and send these to us separately, that's fine. We can also temporarily rack your machine on a shelf until the rails arrive. Should you not include network or power cables however, no worries--we will supply those at no cost.
Please be sure that your BIOS settings include "Power On Always" or "Power On After Power Loss" (to allow for remote reboots). Also please turn off any wifi or Bluetooth feature. If you have an IPMI port, you'll want to configure the network on that as well.
It takes time to install equipment, cabling, and set network configurations for each new device. If not otherwise stated, there is a $39 setup fee for most hosting and colocation installations. For Mini PC and Raspberry Pi colo, setup is free.
Many of our customers require something slightly different than our standard packaged offerings, or need to upgrade service at a later time. EndOffice operates one of the most flexible data center environments available; we often state that "we'll rack anything" which stands in stark contrast to the rules of most facilities. Please email us about your additional requirements. Common requests include:
For standard 1U to 10U colo, no contract is necessary; service is month-to-month. For Mini PC colo and hosting, there are short-term prepaid periods specified on our Mini Colo page. No written contract is needed, but one will be generated upon request.
You may cancel any service for any reason within 30 days for a refund of the service fee. Setup fees, if any, are non-refundable.
Simply email us to state you wish to cancel service, and we will prompty return any equipment. There is a boxing and shipping fee of $35 per server, plus postage (client to provide the label). For Mini PCs, we will return the unit for a $25 fee that includes shipping. A full refund for any prepaid fees will also be provided, except for the current month, and where the service plan includes a specific term of service.
All reboots are free. And except in the case of the Raspberry Pi, all devices can be remotely rebooted via a web browser. After installation, we will furnish the login details for this feature.
Our network and data center is monitored and supported 24/7, and we are responsible for supporting all services that we provide. If you need work performed on your machine itself ("remote hands"), the fee is $45/hour, scheduled in advance, or $95/hour for an emergency response. For simple requests, such as adding RAM or installing a new HDD, the fee is billed at just a half hour.
If you would like the same console access to your machine as if you were standing right next to it, we can attach one of our portable KVM/IP units and allow you to perform any troubleshooting or maintenance on your own.
By default, all machines are placed on a 100 Mbps port. Some plans provide for unmetered (unlimited) use of the port, while other options cap your monthly data transfer at a specified threshold. ALL BANDWIDTH iS GUARANTEED. You are never competing for network resources with other clients; if you have 100 Mbps, you will have access to the full 100 Mbps up and down, at all times. In contrast, Comcast bandwidth is "best effort", while other cloud/hosting providers commonly oversubscribe bandwidth to the point that it is not fully available or latency becomes unpredictable.
Yes, IPv6 is routed natively. To request an IPv6 allocation (/96 or greater), please email email@example.com.
Each client is placed on their own private VLAN. No traffic can be sniffed or intercepted by other clients. The data center itself is securely monitored from a central NOC around the clock, and all equipment is locked inside 42U cabinets. No other customers have access to your network or hardware.
EndOffice uses BGP to provide network failover capability in the event of any network disruption on our primary network. Over the past two years, we have delivered 99.999% uptime--a full 100% in 2016.
Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your IP address and let us know the domain you wish to have set. This is usually completed within hours.
You are free to set up your own DNS servers or use off-site DNS, which is most common. We do not provide DNS as a service at this time.
Generally, EndOffice is not concerned with what you do on our network, so long as other users are not affected and no laws are broken. If we receive an abuse complaint related to your service however, it is a requirement that you quickly address the problem.
Unacceptable use includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:
1. Posting, transmission, re-transmission, or storing material on or through any of EndOffice's products or services, if in the sole judgment of EndOffice such posting, transmission, re-transmission or storage is in violation of any local, state, federal, or non-United States law or regulation (including rights protected by copyright, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property or similar laws or regulations). Each customer shall be responsible for determining what laws or regulations are applicable to his or her use of the products and services.
2. Installation or distribution of "pirated" or other software products that are not appropriately licensed for use by customer.
3. Deceptive marketing practices.
4. Actions that restrict or inhibit anyone - whether a customer of Endoffice or otherwise - in his or her use or enjoyment of Endoffice's products and services, or that generate excessive network traffic through the use of automated or manual routines that are not related to ordinary personal or business use of Internet services.
5. Introduction of malicious programs into the EndOffice network or servers or other products and services of EndOffice (e.g., viruses, trojan horses and worms).
6. Causing or attempting to cause security breaches or disruptions of Internet communications. Examples of security breaches include but are not limited to accessing data of which the customer is not an intended recipient, or logging into a server or account that the customer is not expressly authorized to access. Examples of disruptions include but are not limited to port scans, flood pings, packet spoofing and forged routing information.
7. Executing any form of network monitoring that will intercept data not intended for the customer.
8. Circumventing user authentication or security of any host, network or account.
9. Interfering with or denying service to any user other than the customer's host (e.g., denial of service attack).
10. Using any program/script/command, or sending messages of any kind, designed to interfere with, or to disable a user's terminal session.
11. Sending unsolicited mail messages, including the sending of "junk mail" or other advertising material to individuals who did not specifically request such material, who were not previous customers of the customer or with whom the customer does not have an existing business relationship (e.g., E-mail "spam"); or distributing, advertising or promoting software or services that have the primary purpose of encouraging or facilitating unsolicited commercial E-mail or spam.
12. Harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages.
13. Unauthorized use or forging of mail header information.
14. Solicitations of mail or any other E-mail address other than that of the poster's account or service, with the intent to harass or collect replies.
15. Creating or forwarding "chain letters" or other "pyramid schemes" of any type.
16. Exporting, re-exporting, or permitting downloads of any content in violation of the export or import laws of the United States or without all required approvals, licenses and exemptions.
No failure or delay in exercising or enforcing this policy shall constitute a waiver of the policy or of any other right or remedy. If any provision of this policy is deemed unenforceable due to law or change in law, such a provision shall be disregarded and the balance of the policy shall remain in effect.
Abusable Resources Upon notification of the existence of an abusable resource (e.g., open news server, unsecured mail relay, or smurf amplifier), the customer shall immediately take all necessary steps to avoid any further abuse of such resource. Any abuse of an open resource that occurs after the customer has received such notification shall be considered a violation of this policy and enforced as such.